Everyone dreams of finding a partner, meeting someone, having a date, and falling in love. People in wheelchairs also dream of such feelings. Not infrequently, such relationships occur among the disabled and the healthy. However, if you fall in love with a guy and a girl in a wheelchair, then how to be? How to have a date? How to kiss someone in a wheelchair? In this article, I will give you some important advice. You will understand how to behave without embarrassment.
Dating with a Person in a Wheelchair: Is It Possible?
Sometimes, the communication with a friend on Skype grows into something more. It’s time to meet and have a date. However, we think and start to get nervous. How to date someone in a wheelchair? Of course, we must understand that there are many peculiarities of such a relationship. Consider the following:
- Am I ready?
- How to be honest?
- What should I talk about?
- That’s a responsibility, isn’t it?
- Am I able to constantly help and care?
We must be honest with ourselves. After all, to start with a lie for the sake of curiosity is very bad. We can harm a disabled person and put him or her in a state of depression. We won’t be happy either, will we? Therefore, I believe that the conversation is mandatory in any case. I give you tips for dating someone in a wheelchair. I took it from my friend’s personal experience, forums, and interesting articles.
What is my friend’s experience? One day, he met a girl. She went on a date with him. After dating, my friend told me something. The main thing was that the girl felt awkward and uncomfortable. She was worried and did not know how to behave because of the boy’s disability. The girl could not even hug the guy. After a few dates, my friend was already happy. They understood each other, and his girlfriend already knew what and how. Of course, the friend felt awkward at first. They talked, determined what they liked, and more.
What Should a Date Look Like? Essential Tips
We can all get lost dating a guy or a girl in a wheelchair, can’t we? Most people were probably on dates. However, everything is different in the situations when the partner is in a wheelchair. This can be a temporary inability to walk in the process of rehabilitation or forever. Nevertheless, there is often a question about this.
I even see on the Reddit website and other forums asking for advice on such dates. The topic concerns hugs, kisses, conversations, and everything else. After all, sometimes simple hugs can be unpleasant for people on specialized vehicles. What to do and how to behave? I think you will be interested to know a few things to do with someone in a wheelchair.
- Don’t pretend but be yourself. I would advise you to open up to the person and to be sincere. Nobody likes hypocrites. Talk, joke, and have fun. People with disabilities are the same people as we, however, with fewer opportunities. Therefore, do not make them too vulnerable by sympathizing with them and grieving. Have fun, helping yourself and others.
- Follow your words. I do not advise mentioning too much about health problems. Not everyone has pleasant memories, and they can hurt the soul. Of course, the truth is too important. However, you should ask permission before.
- Ask before any action. If you want to caress, hug or kiss, then ask first. Sometimes, unexpected touches are unpleasant and cause bad emotions. On the contrary, some need them. That’s why I always talk about the need to communicate.
- Learn to help your partner. You need to learn to lift the vehicles on the stairs or curbs. Each wheelchair weighs You can’t lift it everywhere. If all goes well, then you must always be ready to help. But don’t overdo it. In no case, do not rush and do not be ahead of time. Maybe the person does not want your help and feels humiliated.
How About Kisses?
Is it time to kiss after dating a woman in a wheelchair? So, you need to know something. You can’t kiss standing like a normal couple, can you?
- Sit on the side next to your partner. This way, you will be in the best position.
- If you want to kiss the cheek, or for a short time then you can bend in front or behind.
- Of course, no one forbids you to take your companion on your knees or in your arms. Let her feel as healthy as you do. I presume such a game will add a sense of intimacy and love.
I think everyone deserves to be happy and loved. People with disabilities are often more friendly, trusting, and sincere. If you truly love, then no chair will be an obstacle to a real kiss.
When loving someone in a wheelchair, you shouldn’t worry and embarrass. Be yourself and don’t talk too much about disability. This can irritate your partner. I hope my tips help you. Maybe you will have your first good date and kiss an individual in a wheelchair.